Preserving Young Lives in Emergency Situations
Southeastern-CPR offers life-saving Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) training courses in Charleston, South Carolina, and across the state.
You commit to learning CPR, first aid and other life support training because you genuinely want to make a difference in a medical emergency. That is never truer than when the victim is a child. But to truly make a difference, you need expert, comprehensive PALS training – the kind that Southeastern-CPR offers in locations at locations in Charleston and throughout South Carolina.
PALS training, sanctioned by the American Heart Association (AHA) and the American Safety & Health Institute (ASHI), will prepare you to take a young life in your hands during an emergency. Southeastern-CPR’s 13-hour class features:
- Classroom instruction
- Group interaction and instructor feedback, and
- Active, hands-on participation in realistic clinical scenarios
The course is designed for “healthcare providers who either direct or participate in the management of respiratory and/or cardiovascular emergencies and cardiopulmonary arrest in pediatric patients. This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care, and critical care units such as physicians, nurses, paramedics, and others who need a PALS course completion card for job or other requirements.” (AHA)
Southeastern-CPR PALS Training Features
Specifically, Southeastern-CPR will teach you:
- High-quality Child CPR, AED and Infant CPR
- To recognize patients who do and do not require immediate intervention
- To recognize cardiopulmonary arrest early and to apply CPR within 10 seconds
- To apply team dynamics
- To differentiate between respiratory distress and failure
- Early interventions for respiratory distress and failure
- To differentiate between compensated and decompensated (hypotensive) shock
- Early interventions for the treatment of shock
- To differentiate between unstable and stable patients with cardiac arrhythmias
- Clinical characteristics of instability in patients with unstable cardiac arrhythmias
- Post–cardiac arrest management
Students who successfully complete the requirements of the PALS Course will receive an AHA PALS Provider course completion card, valid for two years.
Make a Difference in a Child’s Life with Southeastern-CPR PALS Training!
You will never know a greater responsibility than when you hold a child’s life in your hands. If that time ever comes, you can face it with confidence, knowing that you have received comprehensive PALS training from instructors with over 25 years of real-world emergency experience: Southeastern-CPR. Contact us today!